Does anyone know of any literature, webpages, etc. that would include a section on installing a concealed door (I'm not sure if that's the right terminology). Nothing fancy, just an interior, flush door that I'd like to blend in with the rest of the wall. Right now, not being able to find any reference on this type of project, I have in mind to take out the current jambs and install new ones set back a half inch (the thickness of the drywall) and drywall over the edges of them up to the opening. I'd install pivot hinges since I don't want the hinges showing. How would I want to go about dealing with the rough edges around the opening? Corner beads? Also, are there any types of doorknobs or latches designed for this type of door? Is what I've got in mind to do so far the right way to go about it? Thanks for any advice.
Ah so you are wanting the bat cave thing going on all right thats cool.Well what i would do is just get a flat door fill in the handle and put the hinges on the inside.And if you are wanting to put a lock on it run a pole inside the wall and on the far end of it put a handle comming out of the wall(kind of like a slide lock but really extended you could hide the slide lock behind a picture frame or something.as for hiding the outside line of the door you got me.Note to you these are just ideas off the top of my head.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes