Does anyone know of any literature, webpages, etc. that would include a section on installing a concealed door (I'm not sure if that's the right terminology). Nothing fancy, just an interior, flush door that I'd like to blend in with the rest of the wall. Right now, not being able to find any reference on this type of project, I have in mind to take out the current jambs and install new ones set back a half inch (the thickness of the drywall) and drywall over the edges of them up to the opening. I'd install pivot hinges since I don't want the hinges showing. How would I want to go about dealing with the rough edges around the opening? Corner beads? Also, are there any types of doorknobs or latches designed for this type of door? Is what I've got in mind to do so far the right way to go about it? Thanks for any advice.
Ah so you are wanting the bat cave thing going on all right thats cool.Well what i would do is just get a flat door fill in the handle and put the hinges on the inside.And if you are wanting to put a lock on it run a pole inside the wall and on the far end of it put a handle comming out of the wall(kind of like a slide lock but really extended you could hide the slide lock behind a picture frame or something.as for hiding the outside line of the door you got me.Note to you these are just ideas off the top of my head.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!