Does anyone know of any literature, webpages, etc. that would include a section on installing a concealed door (I'm not sure if that's the right terminology). Nothing fancy, just an interior, flush door that I'd like to blend in with the rest of the wall. Right now, not being able to find any reference on this type of project, I have in mind to take out the current jambs and install new ones set back a half inch (the thickness of the drywall) and drywall over the edges of them up to the opening. I'd install pivot hinges since I don't want the hinges showing. How would I want to go about dealing with the rough edges around the opening? Corner beads? Also, are there any types of doorknobs or latches designed for this type of door? Is what I've got in mind to do so far the right way to go about it? Thanks for any advice.
Ah so you are wanting the bat cave thing going on all right thats cool.Well what i would do is just get a flat door fill in the handle and put the hinges on the inside.And if you are wanting to put a lock on it run a pole inside the wall and on the far end of it put a handle comming out of the wall(kind of like a slide lock but really extended you could hide the slide lock behind a picture frame or something.as for hiding the outside line of the door you got me.Note to you these are just ideas off the top of my head.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight