genie garage door opener that won't open
She also managed to lock the door down once by accident, using the original locking mechanism built into the door. We simply removed the two horizontal locking bars that extended into the door track, so that she couldn't lock the door from inside the garage. (She doesn't have keys to the original lock anyway, so no big deal.)
The fact that your unit appears to operate correctly when the door is disconnected from the unit, and I'll assume it worked fine before, seems to point to one of the two items I mentioned. Other readers will hopefully provide other possibilities as well. Good luck - let us know what fixes the problem!
Jim D/Heathsville, VA
If the door is working and adjusted properly it should stay open by itself when opened about halfway.
If all's well with the door operation, then get the opener fixed or replaced.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited June 25, 2002).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide