genie garage door opener that won't open
She also managed to lock the door down once by accident, using the original locking mechanism built into the door. We simply removed the two horizontal locking bars that extended into the door track, so that she couldn't lock the door from inside the garage. (She doesn't have keys to the original lock anyway, so no big deal.)
The fact that your unit appears to operate correctly when the door is disconnected from the unit, and I'll assume it worked fine before, seems to point to one of the two items I mentioned. Other readers will hopefully provide other possibilities as well. Good luck - let us know what fixes the problem!
Jim D/Heathsville, VA
If the door is working and adjusted properly it should stay open by itself when opened about halfway.
If all's well with the door operation, then get the opener fixed or replaced.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited June 25, 2002).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!