Craftsman remotes keep forgetting
Disconnect the wall unit and see if the hand units' programming still gets lost.
If not, the problem is in the wall unit. If so, you've eliminated the wall unit as the culprit.
Next, try using only one, then the other of the hand units. If the programming stays put when only one or the other is used, then the failing one has been defined.
Still got the problem? That just leaves the main box. Sounds like it may be a power problem, either to the box, or inside it.
Shut power off, open it up, and check all connections that you can.
Still no good? Either replace it or get a pro repair.
If this unit is programmable, then maybe there's a backup battery somewhere that needs changed. Otherwise, any time the main unit lost power, the memory would dump and the unit would have to be reprogrammed to recognize the remotes. It may be something like a 9V battery, or it could be a couple D cells, etc. If you have the manual for the unit, see if it mentions a backup battery.
I hope this helps some. Regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes