Craftsman remotes keep forgetting
Disconnect the wall unit and see if the hand units' programming still gets lost.
If not, the problem is in the wall unit. If so, you've eliminated the wall unit as the culprit.
Next, try using only one, then the other of the hand units. If the programming stays put when only one or the other is used, then the failing one has been defined.
Still got the problem? That just leaves the main box. Sounds like it may be a power problem, either to the box, or inside it.
Shut power off, open it up, and check all connections that you can.
Still no good? Either replace it or get a pro repair.
If this unit is programmable, then maybe there's a backup battery somewhere that needs changed. Otherwise, any time the main unit lost power, the memory would dump and the unit would have to be reprogrammed to recognize the remotes. It may be something like a 9V battery, or it could be a couple D cells, etc. If you have the manual for the unit, see if it mentions a backup battery.
I hope this helps some. Regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them