Craftsman remotes keep forgetting
Disconnect the wall unit and see if the hand units' programming still gets lost.
If not, the problem is in the wall unit. If so, you've eliminated the wall unit as the culprit.
Next, try using only one, then the other of the hand units. If the programming stays put when only one or the other is used, then the failing one has been defined.
Still got the problem? That just leaves the main box. Sounds like it may be a power problem, either to the box, or inside it.
Shut power off, open it up, and check all connections that you can.
Still no good? Either replace it or get a pro repair.
If this unit is programmable, then maybe there's a backup battery somewhere that needs changed. Otherwise, any time the main unit lost power, the memory would dump and the unit would have to be reprogrammed to recognize the remotes. It may be something like a 9V battery, or it could be a couple D cells, etc. If you have the manual for the unit, see if it mentions a backup battery.
I hope this helps some. Regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps