Craftsman remotes keep forgetting
Disconnect the wall unit and see if the hand units' programming still gets lost.
If not, the problem is in the wall unit. If so, you've eliminated the wall unit as the culprit.
Next, try using only one, then the other of the hand units. If the programming stays put when only one or the other is used, then the failing one has been defined.
Still got the problem? That just leaves the main box. Sounds like it may be a power problem, either to the box, or inside it.
Shut power off, open it up, and check all connections that you can.
Still no good? Either replace it or get a pro repair.
If this unit is programmable, then maybe there's a backup battery somewhere that needs changed. Otherwise, any time the main unit lost power, the memory would dump and the unit would have to be reprogrammed to recognize the remotes. It may be something like a 9V battery, or it could be a couple D cells, etc. If you have the manual for the unit, see if it mentions a backup battery.
I hope this helps some. Regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers