Craftsman remotes keep forgetting
Disconnect the wall unit and see if the hand units' programming still gets lost.
If not, the problem is in the wall unit. If so, you've eliminated the wall unit as the culprit.
Next, try using only one, then the other of the hand units. If the programming stays put when only one or the other is used, then the failing one has been defined.
Still got the problem? That just leaves the main box. Sounds like it may be a power problem, either to the box, or inside it.
Shut power off, open it up, and check all connections that you can.
Still no good? Either replace it or get a pro repair.
If this unit is programmable, then maybe there's a backup battery somewhere that needs changed. Otherwise, any time the main unit lost power, the memory would dump and the unit would have to be reprogrammed to recognize the remotes. It may be something like a 9V battery, or it could be a couple D cells, etc. If you have the manual for the unit, see if it mentions a backup battery.
I hope this helps some. Regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs