I am looking for 4 replacement windows for my 1968 colonial home in NJ. At the current time, my choice is American Craftsman 8500 Double Hung sold by Home Depot.
The 4 windows that I'd like to replace at this time are 32" Wide and 38" High (70 UI).
I'd like the replacement windows to be 7/8" insulated, double paned, Low E, Argon filled with 6 x 6 colonial grids. All in beige color.
My questions to you are:
0. Which other window manufacturer's should I consider in this area?
1. How much would comparable stated quality windows made by other leading brands cost me, just windows?
2. How much would comparable windows made others cost me, INCLUDING INSTALL?
3. What are the pros/cons of Home Depot's windows?
4. From the pamphlet that Home Depot gave me on American Craftsman windows, installation appears to be a breeze, do I really need a professional installer?