I would be interesting to know what the humidity level is in the house. For those readers that are just passing by - The condensation is the result of warm, MOIST air condensing-out onto the cold storm door. It doesn't matter how 'thick' the glass is, or even how many layers of glass there are. Depending, you can get condensation to form on almost ANY window or surface.
If condensation was forming on the storm door when the INTERIOR door is closed, then you'd have a warm-air-leak from the house into the 'cavity' between the 2 doors. If you have a humidifier, try dropping it to 35%. If you don't have a dehumidifier, consider getting one. Also, if the door is near a bathroom or a kitchen or on the 'cold' side of the house, the problem is magnified.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
You may want to check the sill at the bottom of the Pella door.
You may need to adjust it for a tighter seal.
Jay J. is right about the condensation.
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Storm Door Problem
Installing storm door
Best repair for sagging storm door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes