I would be interesting to know what the humidity level is in the house. For those readers that are just passing by - The condensation is the result of warm, MOIST air condensing-out onto the cold storm door. It doesn't matter how 'thick' the glass is, or even how many layers of glass there are. Depending, you can get condensation to form on almost ANY window or surface.
If condensation was forming on the storm door when the INTERIOR door is closed, then you'd have a warm-air-leak from the house into the 'cavity' between the 2 doors. If you have a humidifier, try dropping it to 35%. If you don't have a dehumidifier, consider getting one. Also, if the door is near a bathroom or a kitchen or on the 'cold' side of the house, the problem is magnified.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
You may want to check the sill at the bottom of the Pella door.
You may need to adjust it for a tighter seal.
Jay J. is right about the condensation.
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Storm Door Problem
Installing storm door
Best repair for sagging storm door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs