Dual Vinyl or Dual Aluminum
Yes, there is a difference!
Because buying the cheaper, wrong window is always more expensive that buying the right one the first time, I would move you away from the windows from the "big box" stores.
I would look at some of your local dealers and then I would ask everyone I knew what they have and how they like them.
Aluminum windows that do not have a thermal brake, can cause heat loss.
Vinyl windows that are not re-enforced over certain widths can sag.
Vinyl windows that have welded sashes should be fine if the glass is attached to the sash all the way around.
Aluminum frames only offer one advantage, you don't have to paint them.
The simple answer is (In most cases)Vinyl is much more efficient then aluminum.
If you buy a good Vinyl window you will be happy, However be aware of big box stores like Home Depot, ******* and ***** . These stores have their place, they have self-named themself's Home Improvement Center's.
These are Discount Do-It-Yourself stores.
They are a great place to but paint, Beef Jerky, work gloves, Christmas Lights, etc.
Ask yourself this question.
Would you buy a home that was built with materials form a big box store?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs