Dual Vinyl or Dual Aluminum
Yes, there is a difference!
Because buying the cheaper, wrong window is always more expensive that buying the right one the first time, I would move you away from the windows from the "big box" stores.
I would look at some of your local dealers and then I would ask everyone I knew what they have and how they like them.
Aluminum windows that do not have a thermal brake, can cause heat loss.
Vinyl windows that are not re-enforced over certain widths can sag.
Vinyl windows that have welded sashes should be fine if the glass is attached to the sash all the way around.
Aluminum frames only offer one advantage, you don't have to paint them.
The simple answer is (In most cases)Vinyl is much more efficient then aluminum.
If you buy a good Vinyl window you will be happy, However be aware of big box stores like Home Depot, ******* and ***** . These stores have their place, they have self-named themself's Home Improvement Center's.
These are Discount Do-It-Yourself stores.
They are a great place to but paint, Beef Jerky, work gloves, Christmas Lights, etc.
Ask yourself this question.
Would you buy a home that was built with materials form a big box store?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes