This is my childhood home where I grew up, and am now am part owner of. I have been told that it's time to replace the roof, and given that I know nothing about this type of thing I am wondering if you could lend some professional advise in this regard.
What is the norm.....? Which way is the best and least expensive to go? I've always been told you don't have to go the cheapest way but take the route that is approximately the middle of the road in expense. So, what do you suggest.
Also, does one have to have the roof stripped down to the basics and start again from scratch (so to speak) or how does that work. I understand that everything would depend on the condition or damage to all of the layers of the roofing materials already in existence, but I just need a basic rule of thumb. Also, would one have the gutters replaced when a new roof is put up?
I thank you for any help that anyone may have to offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes