This is my childhood home where I grew up, and am now am part owner of. I have been told that it's time to replace the roof, and given that I know nothing about this type of thing I am wondering if you could lend some professional advise in this regard.
What is the norm.....? Which way is the best and least expensive to go? I've always been told you don't have to go the cheapest way but take the route that is approximately the middle of the road in expense. So, what do you suggest.
Also, does one have to have the roof stripped down to the basics and start again from scratch (so to speak) or how does that work. I understand that everything would depend on the condition or damage to all of the layers of the roofing materials already in existence, but I just need a basic rule of thumb. Also, would one have the gutters replaced when a new roof is put up?
I thank you for any help that anyone may have to offer.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING