This is my childhood home where I grew up, and am now am part owner of. I have been told that it's time to replace the roof, and given that I know nothing about this type of thing I am wondering if you could lend some professional advise in this regard.
What is the norm.....? Which way is the best and least expensive to go? I've always been told you don't have to go the cheapest way but take the route that is approximately the middle of the road in expense. So, what do you suggest.
Also, does one have to have the roof stripped down to the basics and start again from scratch (so to speak) or how does that work. I understand that everything would depend on the condition or damage to all of the layers of the roofing materials already in existence, but I just need a basic rule of thumb. Also, would one have the gutters replaced when a new roof is put up?
I thank you for any help that anyone may have to offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight