This is my childhood home where I grew up, and am now am part owner of. I have been told that it's time to replace the roof, and given that I know nothing about this type of thing I am wondering if you could lend some professional advise in this regard.
What is the norm.....? Which way is the best and least expensive to go? I've always been told you don't have to go the cheapest way but take the route that is approximately the middle of the road in expense. So, what do you suggest.
Also, does one have to have the roof stripped down to the basics and start again from scratch (so to speak) or how does that work. I understand that everything would depend on the condition or damage to all of the layers of the roofing materials already in existence, but I just need a basic rule of thumb. Also, would one have the gutters replaced when a new roof is put up?
I thank you for any help that anyone may have to offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers