Caradco and Crestline Windows
I would not use any of those windows in my home!
If I wanted solid wood windows, I would use Pella! Anderson makes a nice vinyl clad window. Both of them have good warrantys.
I have solid vinyl windows in my new house, with 7/8" insulated glass with Low-E and the muntins are between the glass!
I have seen Crestline windows that have leaked at the sill in a wind driven rain. The water leaked into the wall and came out at the floor, inside the house.
I don't think Caradco is much better!
In my opinion, I somewhat agree with the last post, they are fine for a low-end spec house that the builder can run faster the the client.
Tell us where are you located and we may be able to steer you in the right direction.
I wouldn't use them eiother but I don't know the income level of the questioner.
I would only rate Pella at a five or six on my scale, Anderson at a seven, along with Norco and Weathershield. Then Marvin or Kolbe and Kolbe at eight. That's as high as I'll go for factory made windows.
Storm windows were developed for the old double hung single glazed windows which leaked air like a sieve. Modern gasketed and doubled glazed windows only leet a fraction of the air in that the combination of DH and storm did. You can easily do without storm windows.
You don't think too much of Caradco. How would you rate Semco windows? I've priced them and they seem really inexspensive
I've heard that Marvin windows are excellent, but from the estimates I've seen very exspensive. How would you rate Marvin?
What do you know about Pozzi windows? They're made on the West Coast in OR I think. They have LowE2 coatings, without Argon.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs