Caradco and Crestline Windows
I would not use any of those windows in my home!
If I wanted solid wood windows, I would use Pella! Anderson makes a nice vinyl clad window. Both of them have good warrantys.
I have solid vinyl windows in my new house, with 7/8" insulated glass with Low-E and the muntins are between the glass!
I have seen Crestline windows that have leaked at the sill in a wind driven rain. The water leaked into the wall and came out at the floor, inside the house.
I don't think Caradco is much better!
In my opinion, I somewhat agree with the last post, they are fine for a low-end spec house that the builder can run faster the the client.
Tell us where are you located and we may be able to steer you in the right direction.
I wouldn't use them eiother but I don't know the income level of the questioner.
I would only rate Pella at a five or six on my scale, Anderson at a seven, along with Norco and Weathershield. Then Marvin or Kolbe and Kolbe at eight. That's as high as I'll go for factory made windows.
Storm windows were developed for the old double hung single glazed windows which leaked air like a sieve. Modern gasketed and doubled glazed windows only leet a fraction of the air in that the combination of DH and storm did. You can easily do without storm windows.
You don't think too much of Caradco. How would you rate Semco windows? I've priced them and they seem really inexspensive
I've heard that Marvin windows are excellent, but from the estimates I've seen very exspensive. How would you rate Marvin?
What do you know about Pozzi windows? They're made on the West Coast in OR I think. They have LowE2 coatings, without Argon.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects