Caradco and Crestline Windows
I would not use any of those windows in my home!
If I wanted solid wood windows, I would use Pella! Anderson makes a nice vinyl clad window. Both of them have good warrantys.
I have solid vinyl windows in my new house, with 7/8" insulated glass with Low-E and the muntins are between the glass!
I have seen Crestline windows that have leaked at the sill in a wind driven rain. The water leaked into the wall and came out at the floor, inside the house.
I don't think Caradco is much better!
In my opinion, I somewhat agree with the last post, they are fine for a low-end spec house that the builder can run faster the the client.
Tell us where are you located and we may be able to steer you in the right direction.
I wouldn't use them eiother but I don't know the income level of the questioner.
I would only rate Pella at a five or six on my scale, Anderson at a seven, along with Norco and Weathershield. Then Marvin or Kolbe and Kolbe at eight. That's as high as I'll go for factory made windows.
Storm windows were developed for the old double hung single glazed windows which leaked air like a sieve. Modern gasketed and doubled glazed windows only leet a fraction of the air in that the combination of DH and storm did. You can easily do without storm windows.
You don't think too much of Caradco. How would you rate Semco windows? I've priced them and they seem really inexspensive
I've heard that Marvin windows are excellent, but from the estimates I've seen very exspensive. How would you rate Marvin?
What do you know about Pozzi windows? They're made on the West Coast in OR I think. They have LowE2 coatings, without Argon.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Sly and Surprising Spots for Handy House Storage
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight