Simonton ProFinish windows and Doorwall
How can I check to see if the windows I got match the label?
I know of no window manufacturer that makes 'southern' versus 'northern' windows.
The same materials are used in all manufacturer's windows to my knowledge.
I read your other post about Simonton windows and all I can say is that you have had a poor installation job.
I have used Simonton windows almost exlusively for 15 years in both new construction and remodeling applications and have never experienced the problems you described except when the windows were improperly installed.
I will work on the installers. I had my builder here all day friday working on them
What series of windows do you install?
Builders or Construction.
The construction series are well built blocks in sides and blocks in bottom to stop air infiltration.
Compared to the certainteed vinyl windsow in our old house and the construction series by Sinonton the builder series seems to be lacking in construction quality, thats where the air infiltration is coming from.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs