Simonton ProFinish windows and Doorwall
How can I check to see if the windows I got match the label?
I know of no window manufacturer that makes 'southern' versus 'northern' windows.
The same materials are used in all manufacturer's windows to my knowledge.
I read your other post about Simonton windows and all I can say is that you have had a poor installation job.
I have used Simonton windows almost exlusively for 15 years in both new construction and remodeling applications and have never experienced the problems you described except when the windows were improperly installed.
I will work on the installers. I had my builder here all day friday working on them
What series of windows do you install?
Builders or Construction.
The construction series are well built blocks in sides and blocks in bottom to stop air infiltration.
Compared to the certainteed vinyl windsow in our old house and the construction series by Sinonton the builder series seems to be lacking in construction quality, thats where the air infiltration is coming from.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size