Simonton ProFinish windows and Doorwall
How can I check to see if the windows I got match the label?
I know of no window manufacturer that makes 'southern' versus 'northern' windows.
The same materials are used in all manufacturer's windows to my knowledge.
I read your other post about Simonton windows and all I can say is that you have had a poor installation job.
I have used Simonton windows almost exlusively for 15 years in both new construction and remodeling applications and have never experienced the problems you described except when the windows were improperly installed.
I will work on the installers. I had my builder here all day friday working on them
What series of windows do you install?
Builders or Construction.
The construction series are well built blocks in sides and blocks in bottom to stop air infiltration.
Compared to the certainteed vinyl windsow in our old house and the construction series by Sinonton the builder series seems to be lacking in construction quality, thats where the air infiltration is coming from.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight