Simonton ProFinish windows and Doorwall
How can I check to see if the windows I got match the label?
I know of no window manufacturer that makes 'southern' versus 'northern' windows.
The same materials are used in all manufacturer's windows to my knowledge.
I read your other post about Simonton windows and all I can say is that you have had a poor installation job.
I have used Simonton windows almost exlusively for 15 years in both new construction and remodeling applications and have never experienced the problems you described except when the windows were improperly installed.
I will work on the installers. I had my builder here all day friday working on them
What series of windows do you install?
Builders or Construction.
The construction series are well built blocks in sides and blocks in bottom to stop air infiltration.
Compared to the certainteed vinyl windsow in our old house and the construction series by Sinonton the builder series seems to be lacking in construction quality, thats where the air infiltration is coming from.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects