Simonton ProFinish windows and Doorwall
How can I check to see if the windows I got match the label?
I know of no window manufacturer that makes 'southern' versus 'northern' windows.
The same materials are used in all manufacturer's windows to my knowledge.
I read your other post about Simonton windows and all I can say is that you have had a poor installation job.
I have used Simonton windows almost exlusively for 15 years in both new construction and remodeling applications and have never experienced the problems you described except when the windows were improperly installed.
I will work on the installers. I had my builder here all day friday working on them
What series of windows do you install?
Builders or Construction.
The construction series are well built blocks in sides and blocks in bottom to stop air infiltration.
Compared to the certainteed vinyl windsow in our old house and the construction series by Sinonton the builder series seems to be lacking in construction quality, thats where the air infiltration is coming from.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING