I am trying to sell my mothers house and she was a smoker and I need to know how to get cigarette smoke stains off of painted walls and how to get the smell out. Working with like no money so it will have to be really cheap. The carpets have been cleaned by a professional and that has helped a lot but have had 2 people come look and it and they were turned off by the smell. I need to sell it quick because she is in a nursing home and is self pay and her money is only going to last about 6 months. I have read that you need to absorb the smell like use vinegar & baking soda is that the best thing for order?? But what can I use to clean the walls with?? HELP PLEASE!!!!
You can wash the walls with an all purpose cleaner and water. Do it lightly as you don't want to saturate the drywall. Leaving bowls of vinegar and boiling orange peels in the house can help with the odor as well. Depending on how strong the odor is, you may have to move on to a kilz paint throughout the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!