I am trying to sell my mothers house and she was a smoker and I need to know how to get cigarette smoke stains off of painted walls and how to get the smell out. Working with like no money so it will have to be really cheap. The carpets have been cleaned by a professional and that has helped a lot but have had 2 people come look and it and they were turned off by the smell. I need to sell it quick because she is in a nursing home and is self pay and her money is only going to last about 6 months. I have read that you need to absorb the smell like use vinegar & baking soda is that the best thing for order?? But what can I use to clean the walls with?? HELP PLEASE!!!!
You can wash the walls with an all purpose cleaner and water. Do it lightly as you don't want to saturate the drywall. Leaving bowls of vinegar and boiling orange peels in the house can help with the odor as well. Depending on how strong the odor is, you may have to move on to a kilz paint throughout the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight