I am trying to sell my mothers house and she was a smoker and I need to know how to get cigarette smoke stains off of painted walls and how to get the smell out. Working with like no money so it will have to be really cheap. The carpets have been cleaned by a professional and that has helped a lot but have had 2 people come look and it and they were turned off by the smell. I need to sell it quick because she is in a nursing home and is self pay and her money is only going to last about 6 months. I have read that you need to absorb the smell like use vinegar & baking soda is that the best thing for order?? But what can I use to clean the walls with?? HELP PLEASE!!!!
You can wash the walls with an all purpose cleaner and water. Do it lightly as you don't want to saturate the drywall. Leaving bowls of vinegar and boiling orange peels in the house can help with the odor as well. Depending on how strong the odor is, you may have to move on to a kilz paint throughout the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes