Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Based on my limited experience with an old Genie unit and a new one I just installed to replace the old one, it could be a couple things. (1) The upward/door opening limit switch has somehow gotten out of adjustment. (2) The magnet used to tell the motor to cut off (the Genie models use this) has been moved or has come off. (3) A voltage spike may have damaged the control board, making the upward/door opening movement limit switch malfunction.
The manual will provide some troubleshooting steps and tips that you can easily try. Good luck and keep us posted! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
This unit does not have a magnet (as described above) or anything that attaches to the chain to trip a switch. It uses a worm gear and all the control is inside the box.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 26, 2003).]
Problem is one is the lowest setting and we already have it there.
RPX - since this switch setting is already at its lowest what could have happened to this worm gear that would allow it not to stop as it should??
[This message has been edited by rynoski (edited February 26, 2003).]
You'll have to open up the unit to see this contact.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 27, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips