Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Based on my limited experience with an old Genie unit and a new one I just installed to replace the old one, it could be a couple things. (1) The upward/door opening limit switch has somehow gotten out of adjustment. (2) The magnet used to tell the motor to cut off (the Genie models use this) has been moved or has come off. (3) A voltage spike may have damaged the control board, making the upward/door opening movement limit switch malfunction.
The manual will provide some troubleshooting steps and tips that you can easily try. Good luck and keep us posted! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
This unit does not have a magnet (as described above) or anything that attaches to the chain to trip a switch. It uses a worm gear and all the control is inside the box.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 26, 2003).]
Problem is one is the lowest setting and we already have it there.
RPX - since this switch setting is already at its lowest what could have happened to this worm gear that would allow it not to stop as it should??
[This message has been edited by rynoski (edited February 26, 2003).]
You'll have to open up the unit to see this contact.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 27, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard