Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Based on my limited experience with an old Genie unit and a new one I just installed to replace the old one, it could be a couple things. (1) The upward/door opening limit switch has somehow gotten out of adjustment. (2) The magnet used to tell the motor to cut off (the Genie models use this) has been moved or has come off. (3) A voltage spike may have damaged the control board, making the upward/door opening movement limit switch malfunction.
The manual will provide some troubleshooting steps and tips that you can easily try. Good luck and keep us posted! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
This unit does not have a magnet (as described above) or anything that attaches to the chain to trip a switch. It uses a worm gear and all the control is inside the box.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 26, 2003).]
Problem is one is the lowest setting and we already have it there.
RPX - since this switch setting is already at its lowest what could have happened to this worm gear that would allow it not to stop as it should??
[This message has been edited by rynoski (edited February 26, 2003).]
You'll have to open up the unit to see this contact.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 27, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight