Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Based on my limited experience with an old Genie unit and a new one I just installed to replace the old one, it could be a couple things. (1) The upward/door opening limit switch has somehow gotten out of adjustment. (2) The magnet used to tell the motor to cut off (the Genie models use this) has been moved or has come off. (3) A voltage spike may have damaged the control board, making the upward/door opening movement limit switch malfunction.
The manual will provide some troubleshooting steps and tips that you can easily try. Good luck and keep us posted! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
This unit does not have a magnet (as described above) or anything that attaches to the chain to trip a switch. It uses a worm gear and all the control is inside the box.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 26, 2003).]
Problem is one is the lowest setting and we already have it there.
RPX - since this switch setting is already at its lowest what could have happened to this worm gear that would allow it not to stop as it should??
[This message has been edited by rynoski (edited February 26, 2003).]
You'll have to open up the unit to see this contact.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 27, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers