Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Based on my limited experience with an old Genie unit and a new one I just installed to replace the old one, it could be a couple things. (1) The upward/door opening limit switch has somehow gotten out of adjustment. (2) The magnet used to tell the motor to cut off (the Genie models use this) has been moved or has come off. (3) A voltage spike may have damaged the control board, making the upward/door opening movement limit switch malfunction.
The manual will provide some troubleshooting steps and tips that you can easily try. Good luck and keep us posted! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
This unit does not have a magnet (as described above) or anything that attaches to the chain to trip a switch. It uses a worm gear and all the control is inside the box.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 26, 2003).]
Problem is one is the lowest setting and we already have it there.
RPX - since this switch setting is already at its lowest what could have happened to this worm gear that would allow it not to stop as it should??
[This message has been edited by rynoski (edited February 26, 2003).]
You'll have to open up the unit to see this contact.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 27, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!