I have a copper water pipe water supply to the house which enters through the basement wall. The problem is that groundwater comes leaking through during every hard rain. I am a very handy guy with considerable experience in home repair, but I don't really know how to fix this problem. Can someone help me out here? I really cannot afford a professional.
You never want water sitting agsniat your foundation. Your foundation may be fine now, but over time it will bring you trouble. You can prevent that by creating proper drainage, even with a slope like that. Go to home depot or the library and get a book about the subject. You probably need a combination of gravel and plastic pipes. Maybe just travel. You can do it yourself. Also very important to make sure you down spots aren't depositing water too near your house that water is easy to direct away since you know right where it is coming from (the downspot).And get advice about the crack!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!