french sliding doors
sliding doors with french sliding doors. We have never been too fond of the Andersens, but they may have improved over the years. We looked at Marvin, but were blown away by the price. Looked at Pella, Andersen again, and would like to check into Lincoln. Any advice on best quality for a reasonable price?? What's your vote?
The Marvin is a hundred percent better looking unit for this type of application than the Andersen, tho Andersen is a decent door system. If authnetic appearance is important, you may want to look for true divided lites. Weathershield does a good job of those in windows, but I've never used their doors. Kolbe and Kolbe units come highly recommended by other professionals I respect.
Pella makes poor quality toys that aren't in my list of recomendables.
Thanks for your reply. I'm sure it was a matter of semantics, because the Marvin brochure I'm looking at refers to the door I described as a "sliding french door." From what I can tell, this type of door has a wider frame than the typical sliding glass door. In any case, I'm sure you know what I am refering to.... we want a "french door look," but since we have an 8ft opening, we can't do swinging french doors.
I'm kind of disappointed that you don't like Pella, as I was kind of heading in that direction. The Marvins are really out of our league financially as they would be over $2000 more than the Pella or Andersen for both doors. I can't seem to be able to find Kolbe or Weathershield distributors in our area. I'm going to visit another Andersen dealer tomorrow who also carries "Semco" and "RSVP." Any thoughts on these?
I'm pretty sure you could fit a 5'4" frenchwood with a pair of sidelights in that openning.
Of course that might beat you budget to a pulp!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects