french sliding doors
sliding doors with french sliding doors. We have never been too fond of the Andersens, but they may have improved over the years. We looked at Marvin, but were blown away by the price. Looked at Pella, Andersen again, and would like to check into Lincoln. Any advice on best quality for a reasonable price?? What's your vote?
The Marvin is a hundred percent better looking unit for this type of application than the Andersen, tho Andersen is a decent door system. If authnetic appearance is important, you may want to look for true divided lites. Weathershield does a good job of those in windows, but I've never used their doors. Kolbe and Kolbe units come highly recommended by other professionals I respect.
Pella makes poor quality toys that aren't in my list of recomendables.
Thanks for your reply. I'm sure it was a matter of semantics, because the Marvin brochure I'm looking at refers to the door I described as a "sliding french door." From what I can tell, this type of door has a wider frame than the typical sliding glass door. In any case, I'm sure you know what I am refering to.... we want a "french door look," but since we have an 8ft opening, we can't do swinging french doors.
I'm kind of disappointed that you don't like Pella, as I was kind of heading in that direction. The Marvins are really out of our league financially as they would be over $2000 more than the Pella or Andersen for both doors. I can't seem to be able to find Kolbe or Weathershield distributors in our area. I'm going to visit another Andersen dealer tomorrow who also carries "Semco" and "RSVP." Any thoughts on these?
I'm pretty sure you could fit a 5'4" frenchwood with a pair of sidelights in that openning.
Of course that might beat you budget to a pulp!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!