I have a craftsman garage door opener model #13953673SRT built in 1996 w/ a red/orange LEARN button. It did not come w/ an outdoor keypad and I decided to go buy one now. I found its manual online and shows the compatible keypad is model #53684. I determined this model is no longer made and replaced by model #3050 so I bought this one at my local Sears store. My problem is I followed the instructions w/ the keypad but cannot get it to work. In the process, it also must have cleared my remotes which I'll have to reset. Help!
The steps I followed specifically are... I had the garage door open. I pressed the # and * buttons and waited for the keypad to stop blinking. It did. I pressed my LEARN button and saw the LED light up. I entered a 4 digit PIN and pressed ENTER. At this point, the instructions say my light bulb should blink and if not, press/release ENTER again. The light bulb never blinked. I tried pressing/releasing ENTER again. No blinking. One try, the light was already on. One try, I waited for the light to go out before attempting all of this. One try I tried to make sure I hit ENTER before the LEARN LED light went out. One try after. With all of these tries, I'd eventually press 0, enter my PIN and press ENTER to see if the door would close. Nope.
I found the instructions for the original keypad (53684) and they were different. With it, you entered a PIN, pressed/held ENTER, pressed the LEARN button and then released ENTER. Also, with a premium remote console it says the door should be closed, but I don't have one of these. I tried it w/ the door closed. I also tried following these instructions (e.g., press ENTER, hit LEARN, release ENTER). None of this worked.
I got it to work. I followed the original instructions (garage door down but unknown if that actually mattered) and at the step where I had to press/release the ENTER button, I had to do so 3-4 times before the light blinked.
yes, you have to keep pressing "enter" key multiple times with the LEARN LED lit. It needed five to six tries before the bulb would blink.
Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problems
craftsman model 139.18775 garage door opener keypad
1/2 HP sears craftsman Garage Door opener Problem
Garage door keypad problem
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips