Is there a caulk called "PTR" that can be used instead of standard glazing compound? I saw it discussed on this bulletin board but there were no follow up messages as to where to buy it, what PTR stands for or who makes it. The old caulk needs replacing in my windows and PTR sounds like it's easier to use than glazing compound.
I am about to start scraping and repainting the windows of my mother's home. The house was built in 1970. I was told I need to put something called glazing on the windows, but would regular white window caulking do just as well?
Exterior Door to Replace Window
Removal of Aluminum Window Frames
painting aluminum clad window
Reversing an exterior door from swinging out to swin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!