I am retired and handicapped and my husband has his own disabilities - we had to have my daughter, boyfriend and 3 grandkids move into our small farmhouse built back in the late 1800's - we want to do a lot of the work we can ourselves but there are a lot of stumbling blocks and we aren't financially set to make a big project. We want to renovate the 2 story barn for my husband and myself to live in and allow the kids to stay in the farmhouse - we would appreciate any input you may offer to assist us.
I too think the simpler the beettr in the kitchen. In my last house in St. Louis, I went totally nuts and put way to much on the walls (too cutesy, shudder)I also have trouble starting a new decor project, I'll walk around and scratch my head, doing the project entirely in my noggin before...and then boom!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!