1 year warranty on window installation labor?
Look at it this way - they are setting the prices and giving the work over to a lowball sub-contractor who is just starting out in business or he wouldn't accept their price scedule. Then he has to work like a madman to install enough windows in a day to make a living at it.
HD messes up his schedule occasionally so he ends up in a bad mood some days.
and then you want HD sending him to work on your home???????
Anytime you hire based on lowest price, you can count on a strong chance of getting the lowest quality. Therefore they need to offer a warrantee to build customer confidence.
You will know if anything is wrong with the installation after the first couple of storms. A year is plenty long enough for any installation problems to crop up.
You will want a copy of the contractors liability insurance before letting them on the property tho. If something else is damaged or destroyed in the process, you'll need the protetion.
Specified "otherwise" can mean NO warranty on labor and materials.
Home Depot is no more or no less better for providing warranty on replacement windows than anyone else.
1 year is 'normal' in most applications but can be more or less depending upon specifics.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Steps to Paradise in Your Own Backyard
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 15 Plants Perfect for Hanging Baskets
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Corral Kids' Clutter with 15 DIY Storage Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps