1 year warranty on window installation labor?
Look at it this way - they are setting the prices and giving the work over to a lowball sub-contractor who is just starting out in business or he wouldn't accept their price scedule. Then he has to work like a madman to install enough windows in a day to make a living at it.
HD messes up his schedule occasionally so he ends up in a bad mood some days.
and then you want HD sending him to work on your home???????
Anytime you hire based on lowest price, you can count on a strong chance of getting the lowest quality. Therefore they need to offer a warrantee to build customer confidence.
You will know if anything is wrong with the installation after the first couple of storms. A year is plenty long enough for any installation problems to crop up.
You will want a copy of the contractors liability insurance before letting them on the property tho. If something else is damaged or destroyed in the process, you'll need the protetion.
Specified "otherwise" can mean NO warranty on labor and materials.
Home Depot is no more or no less better for providing warranty on replacement windows than anyone else.
1 year is 'normal' in most applications but can be more or less depending upon specifics.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight