Can you attach a screen door with outside hinges on the outside of the doorframe? My son says no but I just want to be sure he doesn't have to go though more work than necessary.
Just two days ago, I installed a new screen door with hinges mortised—just as you install a "normal" door. I bought the screen door at Lowe's, and it came with instructions to install the hinges either on the outside or "inside" (mortised). The hinges that came with the door were the modern style with square corners. They were not the style one might ordinarily associate with the classic screen door. The shape of such hinges does not permit installing them with mortises. I suspect your son is thinking of those classic screen door hinges. I'm sure you can find hinges that will allow a mortised installation—the new door may even come with them.
How to remove screen from Forever Door screen door
should I paint my security screen door?
Sliding screen door tracks
Storm Door Problem
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!