I need to get my house releveled. I have been given so many different opionions, the thought now scares me. Mainly, I am looking for a reliable online site for reference to what to expect. I have been told the whole house has to be lifted, only the sinking side needs leveling. I don't have to pack a thing in house, nothing will fall. I can be in the house at night, no I can't. Everyone seems to have a different idea.
My house does sit on blocks, it is a wood frame built in 1951.
I live in central Louisiana, so wet is an issue.
It is only a section of my house.
There is no visible, cracks in sheet rock, concrete on porch, etc.
I thank you in advance, for any guidance you can provide. I am a widow, in a small community. Contractors know it, I have already asked one to leave my property, after he asked me, how much I could afford. Another reason to be cautious. May you all have a great blessed day.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!