I need to get my house releveled. I have been given so many different opionions, the thought now scares me. Mainly, I am looking for a reliable online site for reference to what to expect. I have been told the whole house has to be lifted, only the sinking side needs leveling. I don't have to pack a thing in house, nothing will fall. I can be in the house at night, no I can't. Everyone seems to have a different idea.
My house does sit on blocks, it is a wood frame built in 1951.
I live in central Louisiana, so wet is an issue.
It is only a section of my house.
There is no visible, cracks in sheet rock, concrete on porch, etc.
I thank you in advance, for any guidance you can provide. I am a widow, in a small community. Contractors know it, I have already asked one to leave my property, after he asked me, how much I could afford. Another reason to be cautious. May you all have a great blessed day.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING