I need to get my house releveled. I have been given so many different opionions, the thought now scares me. Mainly, I am looking for a reliable online site for reference to what to expect. I have been told the whole house has to be lifted, only the sinking side needs leveling. I don't have to pack a thing in house, nothing will fall. I can be in the house at night, no I can't. Everyone seems to have a different idea.
My house does sit on blocks, it is a wood frame built in 1951.
I live in central Louisiana, so wet is an issue.
It is only a section of my house.
There is no visible, cracks in sheet rock, concrete on porch, etc.
I thank you in advance, for any guidance you can provide. I am a widow, in a small community. Contractors know it, I have already asked one to leave my property, after he asked me, how much I could afford. Another reason to be cautious. May you all have a great blessed day.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers