I need to get my house releveled. I have been given so many different opionions, the thought now scares me. Mainly, I am looking for a reliable online site for reference to what to expect. I have been told the whole house has to be lifted, only the sinking side needs leveling. I don't have to pack a thing in house, nothing will fall. I can be in the house at night, no I can't. Everyone seems to have a different idea.
My house does sit on blocks, it is a wood frame built in 1951.
I live in central Louisiana, so wet is an issue.
It is only a section of my house.
There is no visible, cracks in sheet rock, concrete on porch, etc.
I thank you in advance, for any guidance you can provide. I am a widow, in a small community. Contractors know it, I have already asked one to leave my property, after he asked me, how much I could afford. Another reason to be cautious. May you all have a great blessed day.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight