I have a perfectly good small bandsaw, Black and Decker BS 700. The drive belt broke and it is discontinued and everywhere I have tried to find a belt it says it is not available. I know other manufacturers also use this particular belt, part number 285207-00. It is about 19.5" in circumference and is 7/32 wide with small ridges on the inside surface. I am hoping there is somewhere I can either buy this belt or find a viable substitute. It really goes against my grain to trash a perfectly good band saw, especially after having bought new blades not very long ago.
Not exactly the same ,but it will work and fits nicely. You can get the belt at McMaster Carr p/n 1679K669 it is 19.2" X 1/4" wide. The pitch is .080 - Happy sawing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!