Marvin windows leaking
It's amazing the ways water can find to get into a house. Could be flashing, could be somewhere in the roof (such as where roof meets chimney, or ????) The 'path of least resistance' taken by water can be more circuitous than one might think.
That said, there might be some flashing missing (or improperly installed) above the windows. Maybe when they installed the windows they took a 'short cut' and 'somehow' left off the flashing.
P.S., are the gutters clear? I've seen where flooded gutters overflow and cause water to cascade to areas that don't normally have problems--but if they aren't flashed (or caulked) properly the problem sure can appear in a hurry.
Water in the house is no fun at all. I hope you have an easy time figuring it out, good luck.
If the window is leaking, check the warranty and call the manufacturer. If the house is leaking, call the contractor. Most people will tell you it was installed wrong or flashed improperly, but I have living proof that these large window manufacturers are capable of supplying defective products. I hope this works for you, I had no luck fixing mine with Kolbe & Kolbe. They still leak and we are in a battle 2 years later. The only ones winning are the attorneys. If interested I have more information on my case at www.leakywindows.com
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers