Aluminum clad vs. vinyl clad windows
Both (to my knowledge) are actually wood framed windows that have cladding on the outside.
In actuality, vinyl conducts heat/cold more than does vinyl.
This means that vinyl will lose heat/conduct cold more faster than aluminum.
But with a wood framed interior, such conductivity is neglible.
In short: it doesn't much matter.
But between the two companies, Andersen is hands down the superior product and company overall. Better millwork, better glass quality, better warrantee backup and replacement, better fit of parts...
The only way Pella excells is in options available
Reynolds Vinyl Replacement Windows
vinyl clad vs aluminum clad replacement windows
Wood-clad replacement windows
aluminum clad doors + windows look like stained wood
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps