Aluminum clad vs. vinyl clad windows
Both (to my knowledge) are actually wood framed windows that have cladding on the outside.
In actuality, vinyl conducts heat/cold more than does vinyl.
This means that vinyl will lose heat/conduct cold more faster than aluminum.
But with a wood framed interior, such conductivity is neglible.
In short: it doesn't much matter.
But between the two companies, Andersen is hands down the superior product and company overall. Better millwork, better glass quality, better warrantee backup and replacement, better fit of parts...
The only way Pella excells is in options available
Reynolds Vinyl Replacement Windows
vinyl clad vs aluminum clad replacement windows
Wood-clad replacement windows
aluminum clad doors + windows look like stained wood
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING