Aluminum clad vs. vinyl clad windows
Both (to my knowledge) are actually wood framed windows that have cladding on the outside.
In actuality, vinyl conducts heat/cold more than does vinyl.
This means that vinyl will lose heat/conduct cold more faster than aluminum.
But with a wood framed interior, such conductivity is neglible.
In short: it doesn't much matter.
But between the two companies, Andersen is hands down the superior product and company overall. Better millwork, better glass quality, better warrantee backup and replacement, better fit of parts...
The only way Pella excells is in options available
Reynolds Vinyl Replacement Windows
vinyl clad vs aluminum clad replacement windows
Wood-clad replacement windows
aluminum clad doors + windows look like stained wood
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!