Aluminum clad vs. vinyl clad windows
Both (to my knowledge) are actually wood framed windows that have cladding on the outside.
In actuality, vinyl conducts heat/cold more than does vinyl.
This means that vinyl will lose heat/conduct cold more faster than aluminum.
But with a wood framed interior, such conductivity is neglible.
In short: it doesn't much matter.
But between the two companies, Andersen is hands down the superior product and company overall. Better millwork, better glass quality, better warrantee backup and replacement, better fit of parts...
The only way Pella excells is in options available
Reynolds Vinyl Replacement Windows
vinyl clad vs aluminum clad replacement windows
Wood-clad replacement windows
aluminum clad doors + windows look like stained wood
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers