Aluminum clad vs. vinyl clad windows
Both (to my knowledge) are actually wood framed windows that have cladding on the outside.
In actuality, vinyl conducts heat/cold more than does vinyl.
This means that vinyl will lose heat/conduct cold more faster than aluminum.
But with a wood framed interior, such conductivity is neglible.
In short: it doesn't much matter.
But between the two companies, Andersen is hands down the superior product and company overall. Better millwork, better glass quality, better warrantee backup and replacement, better fit of parts...
The only way Pella excells is in options available
Reynolds Vinyl Replacement Windows
vinyl clad vs aluminum clad replacement windows
Wood-clad replacement windows
aluminum clad doors + windows look like stained wood
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects