I have 4 window wells around the outside of my 80 year old brick house in Rockaway Beach, NY. Recently, I noticed that after heavy rains, the window wells have been filling with 8 to 12 inches of rain water, and the water just sits there.
I started to clean out all of the mud, dirt, etc. from the wells and noticed after 12 or so inches below the bottom of the window, it appears to be just sand. I do not have the original specs on the house since its so old, so I have no idea if there is a drain down there somewhere? Also, I was considering just buying window well covers, which would divert the water away from the wells, but I know that's just a temporary solution and still not solve the problem why the well is not draining.
Any help is appreciated.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING