I have 4 window wells around the outside of my 80 year old brick house in Rockaway Beach, NY. Recently, I noticed that after heavy rains, the window wells have been filling with 8 to 12 inches of rain water, and the water just sits there.
I started to clean out all of the mud, dirt, etc. from the wells and noticed after 12 or so inches below the bottom of the window, it appears to be just sand. I do not have the original specs on the house since its so old, so I have no idea if there is a drain down there somewhere? Also, I was considering just buying window well covers, which would divert the water away from the wells, but I know that's just a temporary solution and still not solve the problem why the well is not draining.
Any help is appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects