I have 4 window wells around the outside of my 80 year old brick house in Rockaway Beach, NY. Recently, I noticed that after heavy rains, the window wells have been filling with 8 to 12 inches of rain water, and the water just sits there.
I started to clean out all of the mud, dirt, etc. from the wells and noticed after 12 or so inches below the bottom of the window, it appears to be just sand. I do not have the original specs on the house since its so old, so I have no idea if there is a drain down there somewhere? Also, I was considering just buying window well covers, which would divert the water away from the wells, but I know that's just a temporary solution and still not solve the problem why the well is not draining.
Any help is appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!