- Forum >
- Roofing & Siding >
- Smart siding installation and do I have to install tyvek or something beforehand.
Smart siding installation and do I have to install tyvek or something beforehand.
My husband recently passed away unexpectadely and we were in the process of installing new smart siding. We currently have wood siding and there doesn't seem to be any type of tyvek underneath. I pulled a piece of existing siding off and found some kind of board with the words PS-57. My husband was very organized and tyvek was not ordered. I don't think he thought of doing that otherwise it would have been ordered. Do I absolutely need some type of sealant underneath the smart siding. With hopes of a clear answer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!