Interior window condensation?
My first thought is to ask whether you have done anything else to change the way your house works recntly, from paint to insulation or siding. Have you begun to use a humidifier or had a plumbing leak in the basement?
Most problems of moisture on inside of the glass or frame indicate excessive moisture inside the house. The window is always the coolest exterior surface so this is where moisture laden air will drop its load as condensation.
But is is possible that the seals are beginning to go bad.
Andersen Windows has a really great video that helps explain condensation, why it happens, and how to prevent it (I am not employed by Andersen, nor sell their products). http://help.andersenwindows.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2586
Here's the take-away from the video:
"Condensation doesn't mean there's a problem with your windows. In fact, the presence of condensation could actually be a sign that your windows have good, tight seals. Everything that makes homes more energy efficient also locks moisture inside your house and increases the chances of condensation forming."
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs