Has anyone had the experience of condensation on the exterior surface of a insulated dual pane window ? The manufacturer claims it is not the window. I replaced old dual panes with new ones. The original windows did not block out my view like the new ones do. No one in my area with dual pane windows has this experience. The reason I replaced the original ones was because their seals were breaking and condensation was forming between the 2 panes.
I found out the cause and this may help you. When selling the window the salesman may not tell you that under the right dew point situation your new window may condense on the outside. This is caused by the "low-e2 " coating on the inside surface of the outer pane. Because it reflects all the heat back the outer pane may drop below dew point causing you not to be able to look out. defeats the purpose of having a window doesn't it. Ask them and put it in your contract that if that happens they need to find a solution....usually 2 panes of clear glass. This will cause some loss in insulation but you will be able to see out. Good luck.
The validity of the “ice test” in testing the integr...
Condensation INSIDE the window
Condensation on OUTSIDE of Windows
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!