I am a professional entomologist who has been in pest management for more than 30 years, and I am really astounded at the so-called "expert" suggestions on this website under "all natural" pest control. Certainly there may be some OK "home" remedies, but things like sprinkling salt for fleas or putting out a light dust of diatomaceous earth for bed bugs are in the realm of verifiable ignorance as neither of these approaches would work and ignore the reality of how to manage these pests.
Don't you have a qualified expert to review this junk?
As Bob has very well known name recognition in do-it-yourself work from his TV show and marketing, this misinformation has the veneer of credibility when in fact is is pure junk for the most part. I urge your organization to get someone who is a real expert in this area and stop posting this useless information that will do more harm than good..
I would review it all with comments, but there is so much there and I don't have the time to do that as I am working on other projects..
the best you could do is delete the entire subject until you have someone hired who knows the area .... obviously your writers are "instant experts" who are quite ignorant of real pest management.
Sam Bryks, M.Sc. Board Certified Entomologist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps