I am a professional entomologist who has been in pest management for more than 30 years, and I am really astounded at the so-called "expert" suggestions on this website under "all natural" pest control. Certainly there may be some OK "home" remedies, but things like sprinkling salt for fleas or putting out a light dust of diatomaceous earth for bed bugs are in the realm of verifiable ignorance as neither of these approaches would work and ignore the reality of how to manage these pests.
Don't you have a qualified expert to review this junk?
As Bob has very well known name recognition in do-it-yourself work from his TV show and marketing, this misinformation has the veneer of credibility when in fact is is pure junk for the most part. I urge your organization to get someone who is a real expert in this area and stop posting this useless information that will do more harm than good..
I would review it all with comments, but there is so much there and I don't have the time to do that as I am working on other projects..
the best you could do is delete the entire subject until you have someone hired who knows the area .... obviously your writers are "instant experts" who are quite ignorant of real pest management.
Sam Bryks, M.Sc. Board Certified Entomologist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees