I am a professional entomologist who has been in pest management for more than 30 years, and I am really astounded at the so-called "expert" suggestions on this website under "all natural" pest control. Certainly there may be some OK "home" remedies, but things like sprinkling salt for fleas or putting out a light dust of diatomaceous earth for bed bugs are in the realm of verifiable ignorance as neither of these approaches would work and ignore the reality of how to manage these pests.
Don't you have a qualified expert to review this junk?
As Bob has very well known name recognition in do-it-yourself work from his TV show and marketing, this misinformation has the veneer of credibility when in fact is is pure junk for the most part. I urge your organization to get someone who is a real expert in this area and stop posting this useless information that will do more harm than good..
I would review it all with comments, but there is so much there and I don't have the time to do that as I am working on other projects..
the best you could do is delete the entire subject until you have someone hired who knows the area .... obviously your writers are "instant experts" who are quite ignorant of real pest management.
Sam Bryks, M.Sc. Board Certified Entomologist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love