First there was aluminum windows. Then later the drawbacks of aluminum were discovered. Now we have vinyl. It appears that fibreglass frames will be the next generation.
The window people I've contacted don't seem to be too thrilled with the fibreglass. They say they're currently too expensive for most purposes and claim there is not that much of a technical advantage over the vinyl other than cosmetic.
So I guess it's up to the consumer to decide. But the qestion has to be raised if the fibreglass is truly an advantage over the vinyl as vinyl has over aluminum.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!