First there was aluminum windows. Then later the drawbacks of aluminum were discovered. Now we have vinyl. It appears that fibreglass frames will be the next generation.
The window people I've contacted don't seem to be too thrilled with the fibreglass. They say they're currently too expensive for most purposes and claim there is not that much of a technical advantage over the vinyl other than cosmetic.
So I guess it's up to the consumer to decide. But the qestion has to be raised if the fibreglass is truly an advantage over the vinyl as vinyl has over aluminum.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING