First there was aluminum windows. Then later the drawbacks of aluminum were discovered. Now we have vinyl. It appears that fibreglass frames will be the next generation.
The window people I've contacted don't seem to be too thrilled with the fibreglass. They say they're currently too expensive for most purposes and claim there is not that much of a technical advantage over the vinyl other than cosmetic.
So I guess it's up to the consumer to decide. But the qestion has to be raised if the fibreglass is truly an advantage over the vinyl as vinyl has over aluminum.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office