Charging $200 front door installation!!!! Come On!!
lot's of ways you can screw up a door install. lots of skill but looks easy when it isn't.
Piffin may well be correct. Especially if it's a heavy wooden door. A door pro can make these look easy to put in--but DON'T BE FOOLED. There is definitely an art to it; usually not a DIY task.
I also agree that the job should go to a door pro, not a handyman or jack-of-all trades. (Although I'm sure SOME of those guys might do enough doors to know how to do it right.)
Personally (NO I'm NOT A DOOR INSTALLER ) I have struggled with some storm door installs; they came out pretty good--but even these can be surprisingly frustrating & time consuming.
If it's a pre-hung steel door maybe you can get off cheaper, but for a heavy oak door or something like that, call in a pro!
Front Door Sweating
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Tall Front Door
Painting an unfinished front door
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING