Rustoleum Restore now has Extreme Concrete Restore made just for driveways. I just finished checking it out on their site http://rustoleumrestore.com/extreme/ I've never used it, I am actually looking for a product for refinishing concrete exterior steps and ran across it so I thought this info might help :)
So what is the best product for coating a concrete driveway? Behr? Rustoleum? Liquiguard? Some other brand? I need to apply something to my driveway because I can't afford to pour a new one.
we have a cabin up north and the living room old tiles pop off due to freeze and thaw cycles. Has anyone used the Deckover inside on plywood? Can you use a smoother roller to get a less rough surface?
I usrf restore on my 540 sq ft deck ladt summer, and today i noticed that the finish had gone away over some of the deck, and i am going to have to redo it already and its only been a year. And yes i put on two coates and followed the directions to the letter. I have another deck and I am going to try the deckover on it and see what happens by this time next year.
I'm guessing by now the folks who used Rust-Oleum Deck Restore in 2013 are dealing with its failure. Anyone considering using that product merely needs to Google for reviews and there are a number of "Rust-Oleum Deck Restore Horror Stories" to be seen on YouTube. It lasted less than a few months, with absolutely proper preparation. A number of unhappy consumers nationwide are now considering a class-action lawsuit. It bubbles when the temperature drops, then cracks, and peels off in sheets. Unfortunately, it also contains a known carcinogen (crystalline silica) so should NOT be sanded-off. Abatement of the failed material usually requires a chemical stripper (because two coats are thick) and a power-washer. It's a mess. And then you have to do it all over again.
Also, I didn't miss that the original topic was the Concrete product. I have seen similarly bad reviews for that.
I just purchased the restore 4x in a bucket and in a gallon size. It's been tinted so it's non-returnable. Looking at the disaster stories, I wish I hadn't bought this. What should I do?
Take it back and tell them you received the wrong color. That's what I did and I received my money back. Then the paint guy put a label on the gallon with a purchase price of $5. My buddy who was with me bought it!
which deck stain is best? http://www.constructiondefectclaims.com/complaint-forum.html#/20140726/deck-stain-rustoleum-restore-behr-deckover-or-4108220/
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs