Rustoleum Restore now has Extreme Concrete Restore made just for driveways. I just finished checking it out on their site http://rustoleumrestore.com/extreme/ I've never used it, I am actually looking for a product for refinishing concrete exterior steps and ran across it so I thought this info might help :)
So what is the best product for coating a concrete driveway? Behr? Rustoleum? Liquiguard? Some other brand? I need to apply something to my driveway because I can't afford to pour a new one.
we have a cabin up north and the living room old tiles pop off due to freeze and thaw cycles. Has anyone used the Deckover inside on plywood? Can you use a smoother roller to get a less rough surface?
I usrf restore on my 540 sq ft deck ladt summer, and today i noticed that the finish had gone away over some of the deck, and i am going to have to redo it already and its only been a year. And yes i put on two coates and followed the directions to the letter. I have another deck and I am going to try the deckover on it and see what happens by this time next year.
I'm guessing by now the folks who used Rust-Oleum Deck Restore in 2013 are dealing with its failure. Anyone considering using that product merely needs to Google for reviews and there are a number of "Rust-Oleum Deck Restore Horror Stories" to be seen on YouTube. It lasted less than a few months, with absolutely proper preparation. A number of unhappy consumers nationwide are now considering a class-action lawsuit. It bubbles when the temperature drops, then cracks, and peels off in sheets. Unfortunately, it also contains a known carcinogen (crystalline silica) so should NOT be sanded-off. Abatement of the failed material usually requires a chemical stripper (because two coats are thick) and a power-washer. It's a mess. And then you have to do it all over again.
Also, I didn't miss that the original topic was the Concrete product. I have seen similarly bad reviews for that.
I just purchased the restore 4x in a bucket and in a gallon size. It's been tinted so it's non-returnable. Looking at the disaster stories, I wish I hadn't bought this. What should I do?
Take it back and tell them you received the wrong color. That's what I did and I received my money back. Then the paint guy put a label on the gallon with a purchase price of $5. My buddy who was with me bought it!
which deck stain is best? http://www.constructiondefectclaims.com/complaint-forum.html#/20140726/deck-stain-rustoleum-restore-behr-deckover-or-4108220/
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY