What are the best reno's I can do to increase the value of my home?
My wife and I had a home built and moved in last year but our plan is to sell in three years this will be the time our last child goes to college and we would like to use whatever overage we can get to go towards her education. What reno's bring the most value for the dollar. The home is 3049 square feet and so far upgrades have been we've added crown molding throughout, added a 20 foot pavered patio firepit to the back, ceiling fans throughout, kitchen backsplash, ceiling fans throughout, what can we do to the house now to increase the value of the house in three years? Here is a picture of the patio we added, everything else is new. Thank you Bob.
Bathrooms and kitchens are where your biggest return on dollars are. Outside projects will never get you a profit.
Exactly a bathroom redo and kitchen brings in normally double what it cost to install according to articles I have read
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight