What are the best reno's I can do to increase the value of my home?
My wife and I had a home built and moved in last year but our plan is to sell in three years this will be the time our last child goes to college and we would like to use whatever overage we can get to go towards her education. What reno's bring the most value for the dollar. The home is 3049 square feet and so far upgrades have been we've added crown molding throughout, added a 20 foot pavered patio firepit to the back, ceiling fans throughout, kitchen backsplash, ceiling fans throughout, what can we do to the house now to increase the value of the house in three years? Here is a picture of the patio we added, everything else is new. Thank you Bob.
Bathrooms and kitchens are where your biggest return on dollars are. Outside projects will never get you a profit.
Exactly a bathroom redo and kitchen brings in normally double what it cost to install according to articles I have read
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes