What are the best reno's I can do to increase the value of my home?
My wife and I had a home built and moved in last year but our plan is to sell in three years this will be the time our last child goes to college and we would like to use whatever overage we can get to go towards her education. What reno's bring the most value for the dollar. The home is 3049 square feet and so far upgrades have been we've added crown molding throughout, added a 20 foot pavered patio firepit to the back, ceiling fans throughout, kitchen backsplash, ceiling fans throughout, what can we do to the house now to increase the value of the house in three years? Here is a picture of the patio we added, everything else is new. Thank you Bob.
Bathrooms and kitchens are where your biggest return on dollars are. Outside projects will never get you a profit.
Exactly a bathroom redo and kitchen brings in normally double what it cost to install according to articles I have read
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love