The entrance to my house is on the second floor. Currently I have 8 steps up to a 4 x 4 landing, a 90 degree left turn and 5 steps to the deck and 8 feet to the door entrance.
I'm looking at replacing the deck and wondering if you have any suggestions on a different way to install the deck stairs.
I'm wondering if the stairs were straight with fewer steps and more landings in betwwen if it would make it less fatiguing to climb, since I'm not getting any younger.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING