I need to repair a bunch of double hung windows,here's my problem. Sometime back, I think the 70's, I helped my father repair a number of DH windows with weights. What he used (after removing the weights and parting bead) was a pair of plastic "tracks". These fit in the window cavity after removal of the weights and pulley. They were formed with a parting bead that had "spring loaded"sides and held the sash in position.
I can't find these. I probably never knew the name, and no one knows what I am talking about. In 1990, I bought about a dozen replacement sashes (wood sash) that came with plastic tracks and some kind of very compact spring balance built into them.
Does any one know the name of what I am looking for? Seems to me I saw this on TV a million years ago, I recall that they had to rout the old wooden sashes to accept the plastic parting bead.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects