I need to repair a bunch of double hung windows,here's my problem. Sometime back, I think the 70's, I helped my father repair a number of DH windows with weights. What he used (after removing the weights and parting bead) was a pair of plastic "tracks". These fit in the window cavity after removal of the weights and pulley. They were formed with a parting bead that had "spring loaded"sides and held the sash in position.
I can't find these. I probably never knew the name, and no one knows what I am talking about. In 1990, I bought about a dozen replacement sashes (wood sash) that came with plastic tracks and some kind of very compact spring balance built into them.
Does any one know the name of what I am looking for? Seems to me I saw this on TV a million years ago, I recall that they had to rout the old wooden sashes to accept the plastic parting bead.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING