I need to repair a bunch of double hung windows,here's my problem. Sometime back, I think the 70's, I helped my father repair a number of DH windows with weights. What he used (after removing the weights and parting bead) was a pair of plastic "tracks". These fit in the window cavity after removal of the weights and pulley. They were formed with a parting bead that had "spring loaded"sides and held the sash in position.
I can't find these. I probably never knew the name, and no one knows what I am talking about. In 1990, I bought about a dozen replacement sashes (wood sash) that came with plastic tracks and some kind of very compact spring balance built into them.
Does any one know the name of what I am looking for? Seems to me I saw this on TV a million years ago, I recall that they had to rout the old wooden sashes to accept the plastic parting bead.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!