I need to repair a bunch of double hung windows,here's my problem. Sometime back, I think the 70's, I helped my father repair a number of DH windows with weights. What he used (after removing the weights and parting bead) was a pair of plastic "tracks". These fit in the window cavity after removal of the weights and pulley. They were formed with a parting bead that had "spring loaded"sides and held the sash in position.
I can't find these. I probably never knew the name, and no one knows what I am talking about. In 1990, I bought about a dozen replacement sashes (wood sash) that came with plastic tracks and some kind of very compact spring balance built into them.
Does any one know the name of what I am looking for? Seems to me I saw this on TV a million years ago, I recall that they had to rout the old wooden sashes to accept the plastic parting bead.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide