No one paid me to say that our Semco windows have rotted and we haven't the money to replace them. Neighbors who built at the same time with Semco windows have had the same problems. (Different builders.) We had problems with a casement window immediately and received no response to our complaints. Nothing. Facts is facts at my house! Don't get me started.
Have you checked the finish on the wood windows. Wood windows require regular maintenance, as much as annual refinishing depending upon exposure and type of finish. Also never hose-off a wood window to clean it, that is among the easiest ways to ruin a finish and let in moisture, which starts the rotting process.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight