No one paid me to say that our Semco windows have rotted and we haven't the money to replace them. Neighbors who built at the same time with Semco windows have had the same problems. (Different builders.) We had problems with a casement window immediately and received no response to our complaints. Nothing. Facts is facts at my house! Don't get me started.
Have you checked the finish on the wood windows. Wood windows require regular maintenance, as much as annual refinishing depending upon exposure and type of finish. Also never hose-off a wood window to clean it, that is among the easiest ways to ruin a finish and let in moisture, which starts the rotting process.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!