My wife has a kiln the she works with. The plate indicates the following: Volts- 240 amps- 40 watts- 9600. I want to wire it so she can start working with her glass again. The distance from the electrical panel to where I want the socket is about 65' to 70'. I plan on using a two leg breaker instead of just a single leg breaker ... so ..
Do I need to set up to a 40 amp breaker that is dedicated to the kiln ? Can I use 10 guage wire each carrying 120 volts ?
I also rann 14/2 guage wire for the lights and small hand tools.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING