My wife has a kiln the she works with. The plate indicates the following: Volts- 240 amps- 40 watts- 9600. I want to wire it so she can start working with her glass again. The distance from the electrical panel to where I want the socket is about 65' to 70'. I plan on using a two leg breaker instead of just a single leg breaker ... so ..
Do I need to set up to a 40 amp breaker that is dedicated to the kiln ? Can I use 10 guage wire each carrying 120 volts ?
I also rann 14/2 guage wire for the lights and small hand tools.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects