My wife has a kiln the she works with. The plate indicates the following: Volts- 240 amps- 40 watts- 9600. I want to wire it so she can start working with her glass again. The distance from the electrical panel to where I want the socket is about 65' to 70'. I plan on using a two leg breaker instead of just a single leg breaker ... so ..
Do I need to set up to a 40 amp breaker that is dedicated to the kiln ? Can I use 10 guage wire each carrying 120 volts ?
I also rann 14/2 guage wire for the lights and small hand tools.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!