I have been using stain and poly to finish the interior of my wood windows, but eventually they have been cracking and peeling near the glass due to mild condensation in the winter or uv exposure. Is there something better to use that will hold up better than Minwax? I just tried Danish oil and wax but it doesn't have the sheen I would prefer or look as finished as the poly.
Luckily we don`t have such problems after my husband decided to install Andy's Glass windows. Try asking the sales keeper from any major construction store about this, they have a lot of experience in this domain and could give you interesting ideas about how to preserve the interior of your wood windows.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!