I have been using stain and poly to finish the interior of my wood windows, but eventually they have been cracking and peeling near the glass due to mild condensation in the winter or uv exposure. Is there something better to use that will hold up better than Minwax? I just tried Danish oil and wax but it doesn't have the sheen I would prefer or look as finished as the poly.
Luckily we don`t have such problems after my husband decided to install Andy's Glass windows. Try asking the sales keeper from any major construction store about this, they have a lot of experience in this domain and could give you interesting ideas about how to preserve the interior of your wood windows.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!