I read the other post on your site regarding fishy house odors. I am trying to figure out if our problem is due to recent maintenance or if it is an electrical or plumbing issue. Today our heating/air conditioning company did a routine inspection for us. Shortly after he left there was a very strong fishy odorous coming out of the intake vent. The smell goes away when the AC comes on.
I had the company come back out today because we have never had that smell before. The guy was able to smell the odorous and said he was able to smell it in the intake vents and in the air handler. He thinks it is s dead animal but if that is the case why have we never smelled it before and why is the smell occurring after he checked the unit?
I have gone around checking outlets, wires, etc. And nothing feels hot or smells. However, recently, on occassion when the A/c is not running we will hear a loud rumbling sound which sometimes causes the floor to vibrate. We can't locate where the sound is coming from but I have wondered if it is
the outside air unit. The sound is like a helicopter or motorcycle but it lasts for a couple of seconds. The man who came out today was unable to get that noise to occur.
Do you have any ideas of what could be going on and if the two issues are related?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING