I read the other post on your site regarding fishy house odors. I am trying to figure out if our problem is due to recent maintenance or if it is an electrical or plumbing issue. Today our heating/air conditioning company did a routine inspection for us. Shortly after he left there was a very strong fishy odorous coming out of the intake vent. The smell goes away when the AC comes on.
I had the company come back out today because we have never had that smell before. The guy was able to smell the odorous and said he was able to smell it in the intake vents and in the air handler. He thinks it is s dead animal but if that is the case why have we never smelled it before and why is the smell occurring after he checked the unit?
I have gone around checking outlets, wires, etc. And nothing feels hot or smells. However, recently, on occassion when the A/c is not running we will hear a loud rumbling sound which sometimes causes the floor to vibrate. We can't locate where the sound is coming from but I have wondered if it is
the outside air unit. The sound is like a helicopter or motorcycle but it lasts for a couple of seconds. The man who came out today was unable to get that noise to occur.
Do you have any ideas of what could be going on and if the two issues are related?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight