Is it necessary to stain a composite deck? Ours is faded but cleans up well (dirt, mildew, leaf stains) with power washing. There are a lot of recommended steps to staining (wash to kill mildew, sand, wash with deck cleaner, prime, paint).
Will staining it actually require us to do more future maintenance?
You don't have to unless you want to renew the color. I haven't heard of it requiring additional maintenance unless the color fades again. Would be interested in hearing from those that have experience with this though. We have a composite porch/steps that are faded. Haven't had time to stain them though.
Deck Over a Patio
Composite Deck Material
Help! Need to reinforce composite deck... Plywood or...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide