Is it necessary to stain a composite deck? Ours is faded but cleans up well (dirt, mildew, leaf stains) with power washing. There are a lot of recommended steps to staining (wash to kill mildew, sand, wash with deck cleaner, prime, paint).
Will staining it actually require us to do more future maintenance?
You don't have to unless you want to renew the color. I haven't heard of it requiring additional maintenance unless the color fades again. Would be interested in hearing from those that have experience with this though. We have a composite porch/steps that are faded. Haven't had time to stain them though.
Deck Over a Patio
Composite Deck Material
Help! Need to reinforce composite deck... Plywood or...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!