Is it necessary to stain a composite deck? Ours is faded but cleans up well (dirt, mildew, leaf stains) with power washing. There are a lot of recommended steps to staining (wash to kill mildew, sand, wash with deck cleaner, prime, paint).
Will staining it actually require us to do more future maintenance?
You don't have to unless you want to renew the color. I haven't heard of it requiring additional maintenance unless the color fades again. Would be interested in hearing from those that have experience with this though. We have a composite porch/steps that are faded. Haven't had time to stain them though.
Deck Over a Patio
Composite Deck Material
Help! Need to reinforce composite deck... Plywood or...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight