I know I'm probably going to take all sorts of grief on this, but I'm flummoxed. I went to take the screen out of our aluminum window set, and couldn't get it past the flanges. After much ado, the screen was destroyed, but I got the sucker out. My wife seems to think that windows need screens, even though I think they look very stylish without screens, so I got a replacement made. Now I cannot get it in.
Trying from the outside, it won't fit in the flanges (channels) which hold it. Trying from the inside, I can't get it up enough to clear the bottom of the window.
The windows are not removable, although I'll bet I could get them out, but then I'd have the same problem as with the screen.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love