I know I'm probably going to take all sorts of grief on this, but I'm flummoxed. I went to take the screen out of our aluminum window set, and couldn't get it past the flanges. After much ado, the screen was destroyed, but I got the sucker out. My wife seems to think that windows need screens, even though I think they look very stylish without screens, so I got a replacement made. Now I cannot get it in.
Trying from the outside, it won't fit in the flanges (channels) which hold it. Trying from the inside, I can't get it up enough to clear the bottom of the window.
The windows are not removable, although I'll bet I could get them out, but then I'd have the same problem as with the screen.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight