I know I'm probably going to take all sorts of grief on this, but I'm flummoxed. I went to take the screen out of our aluminum window set, and couldn't get it past the flanges. After much ado, the screen was destroyed, but I got the sucker out. My wife seems to think that windows need screens, even though I think they look very stylish without screens, so I got a replacement made. Now I cannot get it in.
Trying from the outside, it won't fit in the flanges (channels) which hold it. Trying from the inside, I can't get it up enough to clear the bottom of the window.
The windows are not removable, although I'll bet I could get them out, but then I'd have the same problem as with the screen.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!