We have veneer plaster ceilings through out our home. The 2nd floor bathroom sink ran over for about 10 minutes. The water ran into the first floor ceiling which is 2 x 6 construction. From there it ran along the blue board, which is the backside of the first floor ceiling. The water drained to the first floor along the seams of 6" x 6" barn beams in the ceiling. We were able to dry out the floors, which are tongue and groove oak, but are concerned about the water that may still be laying in the first floor ceiling on top of the blue board. I did put several small nail holes in the diamond coat through the board, but there does not seem to be any water coming out.
Question: Should we replace the ceiling and do you think mold will form in the area between 1st floor ceiling and second floor flooring?
Blueboard, veneer plaster & water damage from pipe b...
Ceramic Tile on Green Board
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!