We recently demo'd the sun room/porch that wasn't insulated. (There was stucco on the inside and outside) We have since gutted it all and insulated the floor (from underneath) We will be replacing the stucco around the outside and insulating the inside and drywalling. We plan to make it a heated space (complete with baseboard heater)
My question is, there is an opening where the cement front stairs are, since we are insulating it, should we close off that opening or leave it? Its about a 2 inch gap all around the cement stairs. If so, how??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
Plaster and paint problem... picture included...
Stone wall to skirt front porch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!