We bought our house a year ago and the Sump Pit was installed, from what I see, unfinished. No check value, no sealing, etc... The attached picture shows the job.
When we moved in, I noticed the pump wasn't working, so I had it replaced along with adding a check valve so water won't keep running back in and burn up the motor.
Any other concerns with this open pit? I see spiders, etc.. there, along with some dirt. I have found two baby snakes in my basement so far, and can't help but think they got in through here. I really want to seal it but not sure how. I can't find concrete forms to wrap around the basin.
The house was built in 2005. I contacted the builder and asked them if this was considered a finished job. Their reply was the house was out of warranty. Obviously they dodged the question. This is a highly regarded Atlanta builder, so the response surprised me.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Cement BLOCK FOU...
Sump Pump and Basement Odor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs