We bought our house a year ago and the Sump Pit was installed, from what I see, unfinished. No check value, no sealing, etc... The attached picture shows the job.
When we moved in, I noticed the pump wasn't working, so I had it replaced along with adding a check valve so water won't keep running back in and burn up the motor.
Any other concerns with this open pit? I see spiders, etc.. there, along with some dirt. I have found two baby snakes in my basement so far, and can't help but think they got in through here. I really want to seal it but not sure how. I can't find concrete forms to wrap around the basin.
The house was built in 2005. I contacted the builder and asked them if this was considered a finished job. Their reply was the house was out of warranty. Obviously they dodged the question. This is a highly regarded Atlanta builder, so the response surprised me.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Cement BLOCK FOU...
Sump Pump and Basement Odor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes