We bought our house a year ago and the Sump Pit was installed, from what I see, unfinished. No check value, no sealing, etc... The attached picture shows the job.
When we moved in, I noticed the pump wasn't working, so I had it replaced along with adding a check valve so water won't keep running back in and burn up the motor.
Any other concerns with this open pit? I see spiders, etc.. there, along with some dirt. I have found two baby snakes in my basement so far, and can't help but think they got in through here. I really want to seal it but not sure how. I can't find concrete forms to wrap around the basin.
The house was built in 2005. I contacted the builder and asked them if this was considered a finished job. Their reply was the house was out of warranty. Obviously they dodged the question. This is a highly regarded Atlanta builder, so the response surprised me.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Cement BLOCK FOU...
Sump Pump and Basement Odor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs