We bought our house a year ago and the Sump Pit was installed, from what I see, unfinished. No check value, no sealing, etc... The attached picture shows the job.
When we moved in, I noticed the pump wasn't working, so I had it replaced along with adding a check valve so water won't keep running back in and burn up the motor.
Any other concerns with this open pit? I see spiders, etc.. there, along with some dirt. I have found two baby snakes in my basement so far, and can't help but think they got in through here. I really want to seal it but not sure how. I can't find concrete forms to wrap around the basin.
The house was built in 2005. I contacted the builder and asked them if this was considered a finished job. Their reply was the house was out of warranty. Obviously they dodged the question. This is a highly regarded Atlanta builder, so the response surprised me.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Cement BLOCK FOU...
Sump Pump and Basement Odor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!