We bought our house a year ago and the Sump Pit was installed, from what I see, unfinished. No check value, no sealing, etc... The attached picture shows the job.
When we moved in, I noticed the pump wasn't working, so I had it replaced along with adding a check valve so water won't keep running back in and burn up the motor.
Any other concerns with this open pit? I see spiders, etc.. there, along with some dirt. I have found two baby snakes in my basement so far, and can't help but think they got in through here. I really want to seal it but not sure how. I can't find concrete forms to wrap around the basin.
The house was built in 2005. I contacted the builder and asked them if this was considered a finished job. Their reply was the house was out of warranty. Obviously they dodged the question. This is a highly regarded Atlanta builder, so the response surprised me.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Cement BLOCK FOU...
Sump Pump and Basement Odor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps