We have two one-piece garage doors (the old pivoting kind). The hardware (springs, hinges, etc.) is old and failing, but the doors themselves are heavy duty and do not need to be replaced.
The garage door contractors don't seem interested in replacing the hardware on the existing doors and suggest buying new, sectional doors. It appears that replacing the hardware will run about $650 per door and replacement will be $1200.
Is is truly not feasible to replace the hardware or are the contractors just eager to sell more product?
I don't know much about these, but I'm pretty good at searching the web. Try this: http://www.aaaremotes.com/hogadohaonep.html
It's definitely possible to replace the hardware. My garage doors were acting up a few months ago and I couldn't figure out the problem. I was able to get them fixed without having to replace the doors, though. I would try to find someone else who would be willing to replace just the hardware for you.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!