We have two one-piece garage doors (the old pivoting kind). The hardware (springs, hinges, etc.) is old and failing, but the doors themselves are heavy duty and do not need to be replaced.
The garage door contractors don't seem interested in replacing the hardware on the existing doors and suggest buying new, sectional doors. It appears that replacing the hardware will run about $650 per door and replacement will be $1200.
Is is truly not feasible to replace the hardware or are the contractors just eager to sell more product?
I don't know much about these, but I'm pretty good at searching the web. Try this: http://www.aaaremotes.com/hogadohaonep.html
It's definitely possible to replace the hardware. My garage doors were acting up a few months ago and I couldn't figure out the problem. I was able to get them fixed without having to replace the doors, though. I would try to find someone else who would be willing to replace just the hardware for you.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes