We have two one-piece garage doors (the old pivoting kind). The hardware (springs, hinges, etc.) is old and failing, but the doors themselves are heavy duty and do not need to be replaced.
The garage door contractors don't seem interested in replacing the hardware on the existing doors and suggest buying new, sectional doors. It appears that replacing the hardware will run about $650 per door and replacement will be $1200.
Is is truly not feasible to replace the hardware or are the contractors just eager to sell more product?
I don't know much about these, but I'm pretty good at searching the web. Try this: http://www.aaaremotes.com/hogadohaonep.html
It's definitely possible to replace the hardware. My garage doors were acting up a few months ago and I couldn't figure out the problem. I was able to get them fixed without having to replace the doors, though. I would try to find someone else who would be willing to replace just the hardware for you.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!