We have two one-piece garage doors (the old pivoting kind). The hardware (springs, hinges, etc.) is old and failing, but the doors themselves are heavy duty and do not need to be replaced.
The garage door contractors don't seem interested in replacing the hardware on the existing doors and suggest buying new, sectional doors. It appears that replacing the hardware will run about $650 per door and replacement will be $1200.
Is is truly not feasible to replace the hardware or are the contractors just eager to sell more product?
I don't know much about these, but I'm pretty good at searching the web. Try this: http://www.aaaremotes.com/hogadohaonep.html
It's definitely possible to replace the hardware. My garage doors were acting up a few months ago and I couldn't figure out the problem. I was able to get them fixed without having to replace the doors, though. I would try to find someone else who would be willing to replace just the hardware for you.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs