I'm currently renting a house built in 1906. Both bathrooms have recently been remodeled and the toilets continually grow black mold inside the bowl and under the lids. The master bath is a large space with windows and great light, so I don't think it is a lighting/venting problem. There has been some white mold, mushrooms, etc. growing in the attic that the owner insists are old (but came and cleaned them with bleach) and the roof is in serious need of repair (I've had several leaks - into the dining room - and know it still leaks into the attic).
Short of moving (I'm looking to buy my first house - a Salt Box Victorian built in 1910), what do you recommend I do in the mean time? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!