Our builder created an extremely awkward closet for my daughter and we are trying to figure out a creative way to use it. It is 128" across, with 54" to the left of the sliding door (TOO DEEP!), and 21" to the right. Is there a way to utilize the left part of the closet or do we need to tell the builder he needs to open up the wall so it is 21" on each side.
5ft to the left just to access clothes, how deep is the closet, sounds like it would really be hard to utilize it properly, I would have them modify it so its 21" on each side or a larger door. Growing up my grandmother had a 8ft long closet and 1 door on each side, I just remember it being awkward to use. I would tell him to open it up.
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
building a walk in closet
Reversing a Closet Door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!