Our builder created an extremely awkward closet for my daughter and we are trying to figure out a creative way to use it. It is 128" across, with 54" to the left of the sliding door (TOO DEEP!), and 21" to the right. Is there a way to utilize the left part of the closet or do we need to tell the builder he needs to open up the wall so it is 21" on each side.
5ft to the left just to access clothes, how deep is the closet, sounds like it would really be hard to utilize it properly, I would have them modify it so its 21" on each side or a larger door. Growing up my grandmother had a 8ft long closet and 1 door on each side, I just remember it being awkward to use. I would tell him to open it up.
Installed Pergo floor...now closet doors dont fit!
building a walk in closet
Reversing a Closet Door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!